Entracte Audio - Power Line Filters have arrived!!!

Welcome back to this Forum. You will note that it has a new name to inform us that Blue Circle, as far as new products are concerned, is over. However the good news is that Gilbert Yeung as the re-designer of some of the legacy BC products and designer of some new ones is still with us.
New Gilbert Yeung-designed products are forthcoming under the auspices of Entracte Audio of Canada and Amherst Audio and TLP Audio of the USA.
esoxhntr
Dealer

Entracte Audio - Power Line Filters have arrived!!!

Post by esoxhntr » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:40 pm

As of April 3, 2019, Entracte Audio is pleased to offer its own brand of power line filters under the brand name Entracte Audio by Design. This is a collaborative effort including Gilbert Yeung (of the former Blue Circle Audio), and Walt Stagner (TLP Audio). We have joined forces to present a newly designed power line filtering product. Sales will be handled in the U.S.A. by TLP Audio, and in Canada by Entracte Audio.

A number of folks have asked via e-mail if these are the same filters as the former Blue Circle PLC units. Short answer: Yes and no.

Yes, because these are capacitor based power line filters with no current limit and because they use different values of capacitance to create networks specific to the various frequencies ranges of electrical dirt. Definitely the same general approach.

No, for a number of reasons. First - and most obviously - the EF/TF units are in a metal chassis for better shielding from external noise. Second, these new units are using a multi-point ground system, implemented for a better and stronger earth to ground path. As an added benefit, the new ground layout has contributed to lower background noise. No question, it's quieter. Third, more advanced capacitance networks are being used, with greater overall filtering power.

Currently, there are 3 models in the line, the EF110, EF120, and EF130. In the development stages of these units, we were tempted to compare them to legacy blue Circle units so that prospective customers would have a basis of understanding regarding comparative price points and performance levels. As the products are coming into use we are finding that they are exceeding our expectations by a substantial margin. A brief anecdote from personal experience is in order...

I took delivery of my production units on April 2. I was pretty eager to get one of the EF units into a system in my showroom, so I grabbed one out of the shipping box and headed downstairs. As it turns out, the model I had in hand was the EF130. I listened to my system as is (it was plugged into a Blue Circle BC660-12, $1395 Cdn retail), then shut it all down, and replugged all the components back into the EF130. I expected that the system would need to run overnight and settle back in, but I listened to a track just to make sure everything was up and running properly. To my surprise, there was a very noticeable difference immediately. In point of fact, the EF130 was performing at a level that was likely beyond that of the Blue Circle BC6000 reference line conditioner (last known price approx. $2200 Cdn).

So, we have talked about basic comparisons in other posts in this forum, but they do not tell the whole tale. Clearly the new design effort produced some benefits that we did not anticipate. However as a show of goodwill, we won't raise the prices. :wink:

Each EF unit has 6 outlets, and comes with a 14 AWG power cord. Prices are as follows:

EF110 - $550 Cdn
EF120 - $850 Cdn
EF130 - $1150 Cdn

All models are in stock and ready for purchase.

wstagner
Dealer

Re: Entracte Audio - Power Line Filters have arrived!!!

Post by wstagner » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:23 am

So, just to clarify what you found was that the ef130 sounded like it was already broken in?

What kind of sonic benefits were immediately apparent?

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:16 pm

I think the best description would be better transparency, increased focus, and ease of presentation. And keep in mind, this wasn't after a day or two of listening, it was immediate. One of my customers will be along here in the forum any day now - he purchased an EF130 last week and is pretty pleased with it. At this point I would have to say he has more exposure to it than I do. I haven't had much opportunity to use the EF130, because they keep disappearing - the last one of the first batch is likely going out the door tomorrow.

I should change the thread title to: Entracte Audio - Power Line Filters have arrived and are disappearing faster than I can plug them in.

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:17 pm

... And all my EF130 units are gone. I will have more made.