More Cha Lease Fuud

Wanna bitch about politics, the weather.......share a favourite recipe, this is the place.
nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Here is my attempt at a chinese eggplant dish ... although my cooking is not as good as Chopstix and my photography skills are not as good as Gil But's. :lol:

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm

It`s homey cookie meal mon. It has a diff kind of taste.

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 am

It has a lot to do with skill, but those flame throwers they call wok burners also have a lot to do with it :!:

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:22 am

nikki wrote:those flame throwers they call wok burners also have a lot to do with it :!:
Agree mon. It was fun cooking on won of doze fing. It can cook and done in a seconds instead of mins and may be 10s of mins in home stove.

But U lo, after U cook a few dish in front of doze wok burner, U lo wan to eeeet lo mor cause`of the burning oil smell. So peeed pol assssk me how I can watching doze fuuud and not haf to eeeet it, try standing in front of doze wok burn lar while the chef is cooking. Kil yo ap per tie mon. U can get skin lay doing dat every dai. Every see a fat cha lease cook

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:02 am

More fuud

Look from the bottom of the page. Doze R combo. The one have a one ton soup is the lunch combo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@N ... 940786502/

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:28 am

Usually buy char siu from the store but it has not been very good lately, so I tried making it myself. The marinade was pretty good but it needs to marinate longer next time. Will also use fatty pork as tenderloin is too lean.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Fatty pork are difficult to find because everybody are trying to eat healthy. Yeah rite, healthy. Mentally healthy or physically healthy. I found usually if it is physically healthy, it's mentally unhealthy.

:wink: :roll:

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Looks yummy Nikki!

I get my fatty pork at the local butcher because I like to make schmaltz on occasion with the drippings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmaltz

Obviously not for people on a diet.....but nom nom nom....

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:00 am

Yeah, it's hit & miss with a regular grocery store. The butcher or chinese grocery store will sell you all the stuff that is bad for you. I picked up some nice fat shoulder butt pork to try this again.

I bet that Schmaltz would taste great, but I don't think my doctor would approve :roll:.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 pm

If you want da fuud to taste goot, U haf to cook with fatty pork or some kind of fat. No other choice mon. I lo care wat peed pol say how they eat healthy, if it ink lo mentally healthy, it ink healthy. If you are concern abooot your doctor's approval, don't go see them. I haven't seen my doctor for over 15 years for my fat test.

Eat mentally healthy, get fat, die happy. That's why I tell my four legs girl friend. She seems to agree with me all the way. :lol: :) :D

Boo Lite, doze porky fat spread on bread sound like goot idea.

Hey, Nikki do you think anyone know what "char siu" is beside you and me.

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:00 am

I've done Char Siu in my pressure cooker with soya and sherry. And then a few minutes on the grill or BBQ to braise it.

Believe me, you don't need a knife... Image

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 am

BlueKnight wrote:I've done Char Siu in my pressure cooker with soya and sherry. And then a few minutes on the grill or BBQ to braise it.

Believe me, you don't need a knife... Image
Oh, so Char Siu is actually a known cha lease fuud in ink ga lish term? I onlt know it as Bar Buc Queue Pork.

It's da 7th of cha lease lew ear todai, vee R to go haf some Siu Yor. U lo, dai stick do whole pig with its head and slow cock over a fire. Da pig smell when it's done. Or at least das wal it seems like. :lol: 8) :D :) :wink: :roll:

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:42 am

See, BK knows. BC folks are a smart bunch, so I bet you a lot knew exactly what I was talking about.

I hear you guys about fat, but my family do not like fat. If I give me daughter an 8oz tenderloin, by the time she has finished trimming all the "fat" off the steak, she has about 3oz of meat left.

... and unlike Gil But who can't put on weight if he tried, the rest of us have to work on our waistline :evil: :D .

That pig will be good, but isn't it spelled siu yok. Does the skin turn out crispy like what you get in china town?

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 pm

nikki wrote:See, BK knows. BC folks are a smart bunch, so I bet you a lot knew exactly what I was talking about.

I hear you guys about fat, but my family do not like fat. If I give me daughter an 8oz tenderloin, by the time she has finished trimming all the "fat" off the steak, she has about 3oz of meat left.

... and unlike Gil But who can't put on weight if he tried, the rest of us have to work on our waistline :evil: :D .

That pig will be good, but isn't it spelled siu yok. Does the skin turn out crispy like what you get in china town?
Hey Nikki

U lo eye lo can spell. I fing it's siu yok. Yes, the skin turn crispy and between the crispy and meat, there has to be some whit fat meat in between. Long long time ago I went with a few ink ga lish speakie peed pol to Toronto cha lease rest to have some siu yok, everyone of them take the tasty white fat meat and skin off and eat the worst dry hard part of the siu yok. Sometime it's hard not to say they don't know what they are eating.

I actually lost a few pound during winter because I keep my hooooze at 45F. That's the lowest the themostat will go unless I shut the furance off. I am doing a hundred sit ooooop a day and other exercise to keep my waist line trim. It's because I am too cheap to buy lew pantz. :wink: :roll: :lol:

Actually, building oooooop the mus so is good for the back since we are building stuff that are heavier and heavier all the time, it helps.

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:40 pm

.....not cha lease fuud but good Bar Buc Queue Poke....
...mesquite smoked ribs with a Chateau Screwcap (thanks for the name BK) Pinot Noir 8) :arrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBTI0hO3wIs
8) :arrow: