Custom BC 206ob+ (monoblocks)

Looking to buy or sell a Blue Circle product?
Ice Man
Advanced Member

Custom BC 206ob+ (monoblocks)

Post by Ice Man » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:44 pm

For Sale:

150 watts per channel into 8 ohms.

(1) 6922 tube per channel instead of the production standard (2) 6922 tubes.

This produced more snap and had greater dynamics, while also producing utterly real vocals. The amps ran flawlessly and easily controlled my 86db speakers.

Due to the extremely high quality of filtering, the high number of capacitors, special tweaks, Gilbert called this pair, "A fun project," and "Better than a standard BC 206 ob and within striking distance of the BC 208's."

I gave Gilbert carte blanche in designing this amplifier. Simply told him to make the best BC 206 monoblocks that he could-- best parts, best design and whatever special tweaks he could add.

Power filtering is 660,000uF.

The amps are currently at Blue Circle. You can buy with extreme confidence that Gilbert will inspect the amps before shipping. Will ship directly from Blue Circle.

Purchased without a faceplates. Can add brand new stainless steel faceplates, or custom wood faceplates for minimal charge. Other custom work can also be discussed directly with Gilbert.

2015 price for BC 206ob: $23,000 USD.
2015 price for BC 208: $32,000 USD.

Asking: $12,500, plus shipping.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@ ... 1980151147

masluck
Advanced Member

Post by masluck » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:01 am

Hey Iceman,

Me thinks somebody wants some 2K8's for the pasture... :shock: :D :shock: :D

Mark

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi Masluck,

While I am quite sure the new 2K Series amps are very special, if I can't find my amps a good home, I will take the upgrade path. Since my design has similar foundations to the NSP, I will go that route. I have heard both the NSP and the BC 1022-- same family-- and really like their sound. As you may already know, they are part of the NSL family. I will upgrade to custom NSP monoblocks.

However, if I do find them a good home, I have been seduced by the NSL sound. By far, the best amp I have ever heard. Words do not do it any justice-- one has to hear it. Bewitching.

The beauty of Blue Circle products is that most of the time Gilbert can upgrade/rebuild to almost whatever you want: true custom.

IM

masluck
Advanced Member

Post by masluck » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:35 am

Hi Ice Man,

I basically did the same upgrade thing with my BC26. The only components left after it was gutted were 12 caps and a transformer. I went with the NST input stage, the M2 output stage, 1.25 farads in the power supply and some KQ done internally. It has the power of a 206, but is more NSP than anything else. These custom hybrids keep some of the stuff you loved in the past (BC26 was a great amp to start) and the new and ever evolving stuff the man keeps inventing. It is truly a much better amp. I told Gil but that I can go to the well once, and truthfully there is really no more room in the amp to do much else. I wish you luck and would love to hear an NSL, but the cost is a bit off my reservation. :shock: :shock:

Mark

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi Masluck,

I can imagine how good your amps, and overall system sounds. You really put your heart into your system.

But, don't think for one second that just because you ran out of space in your amp that it is maxed out. Gilbert can either turn it into a monoblock, or daisy chain a crazy, large power supply. He can daisy chain multiple chassis and/or pipes. The sky is the limit.

An NSL in your system would sound absolutely incredible.

IM

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:06 pm

New, lower price:

$10K USD, includes new wooden faceplates. Will be inspected and sent directly from Blue Circle.

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi,

I am lowering my price to $8000 USD. They are still at Blue Circle and will ship directly from there. New faceplates will be made if the asking price is met. Gilbert has been kind enough to allow inquiries about my amps to be directed at him:

gilbert@tlp-audio.com

From what i am told, they can be turned into NSP monoblocks and beyond.

Shipping is extra, and if payment is made via PayPal, please add the 3% fee.

Thanks for your interest.

IM

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:56 am

New price: $6850 USD. Unit will be checked and shipped from Blue Circle. New faceplates can be negotiated. Buyer pays for shipping and if using PayPal, 3% fee will be added. Thanks for your interest.