Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos

Place to yap aboot moosic.
Double D
Advanced Member

Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos

Post by Double D » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Well.. I'm of 2 minds on the latest one from "The Donald" .. part of me is thrilled he's still pushing out new content, and sonically, it's always superbly produced.. so, that's good.. the other part of me, says.. yeah.. more "Donald Fagen".. big woo.. it's not much more than a rehash of The Nightfly.. or Morph The Cat, which means .. no new ground being broken, but I suppose, when you've crafted your style, and sound this well.. most would say.. don't mess with it !! So.. if you want more some slick produced grooves.. grab it...! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKFBx_DzcY8

Raven
Dealer

Post by Raven » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 pm

I picked up the clear vinyl 2x LP and it has been in high rotation for over 2 months now. Of course side 4 has no tracks.....a bit of a shock the first attempt when I dropped the needle one late Friday evening and the tonearm went wheeeeeee!

5 stars

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Re: Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos

Post by BlueKnight » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Double D wrote:Well.. I'm of 2 minds on the latest one from "The Donald"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKFBx_DzcY8
My exact thoughts DD. Almost like 'New Retro', if there's such a thing.

bill

Donald Fagen

Post by bill » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:06 pm

This weekend I was stringing tennis racquets and decided to go back in the moosic folum. I saw Donald Fagen Sunken Condos and began to listen. I really enjoyed it I found myself sitting down and just listening. Great recording, so clean and hard hitting low end. It does have that same sound but that is Donald Fagen like you said. After Donald I switch to some Amos Lee and that was good as well easy listening(sit back relax). Later that evening with my better half I had to play something she would like and Steely Dan was my choice great music. A couple glasses wine and a great dinner made me think how lucky I am.
and as always Music moves the Emotions.
Bill Arfsten