my system

This is a place where you can post pics of your systems.
jeff k

my system

Post by jeff k » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:49 am

Hello ALL!!

Just thought I'd add a pic of my system. All the extra BC gear made a world of difference! later.

Jolida JD-100
CS Integrated
Green Mountain Audio Callistos
BC 606, w/BC 62 cord
BC 62 (amp)
BC 61 (cd)
BC 92 speaker cables
Audio Magic Excalibur II (IC)
Blue Foam Pucks!!
ImageImage

Don Leman
Dealer

Post by Don Leman » Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:06 pm

Most audiofiles place the woofer in the corner :)
Don

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:38 pm

Hi Jeff,

Welcome aboard! I'm not really familiar with your CD player, but I'm very familiar with your CS, Callistos, and power "stuff". Looks like a very together system. Nice Job!

jeff k

Post by jeff k » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:23 am

esoxhntr- Thanks for the nice comments. Those Calypsos sure look nice with all that BC gear!

The Jolida JD-100 is a good (tube)cd player for the money. I agree with a lot of the positive comments found at audiogon about it.(using better tubes & PCs etc.) I'll probably out grow this cd player someday but for now it's cool! It has a nice smoothness to it.. Draws me into the music. I prefer this player when listening to live recordings or Jazz, but not all my cds. Using my cheap Samsung DVD player seems better for hard rock, or rock-n-roll etc. Which I might add a "Lite DAC AH" to it just to hear what happens..

later! :lol:

jeff k

Post by jeff k » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:52 am

esoxhntr-
I just saw your other system with the BmPH & Callistos. Can you comment a little on how that combo sounds?

Someday I'd like to upgrade from my CS, and getting a BmPH is certainly an interesting idea.

later!

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:38 pm

Hi Jeff,

That's both a hard and easy question to answer. The BmPH is a real upgrade from the CS. You will notice that your Callistos open up a lot. Comparatively, the BmPH has far greater clarity, detail, and way more "oomph". Surprisingly, this will not come at the cost of smooth upper mids and highs. In short, the BmPH is pretty awesome, and will make your Callistos sing. It might even make you sing.

Speedball

Post by Speedball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:53 pm

Jeff,

Just wanted to say your setup looks very clean and minimalistic looking which is what I enjoy.

I need to see about posting my small system but for the time being is w/o any BC gear. :cry:
Enjoy...!

jeff k

system updated

Post by jeff k » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 am

My system is in storage at the moment due to a move, but I've upgraded a few things.

<http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl ... in%20audio>

Many thanks to George Taylor(& of course Gilbert) for all the information and advice.

Still thinking about a speaker and/or digital source change. It's looking like I'll have plenty of time to decide, since I have no dedicated room at the moment. :wink: