Stew's System

This is a place where you can post pics of your systems.
stew
Advanced Member

Stew's System

Post by stew » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:18 pm

I figured I should finally upload my system to this great forum, so here goes! Equipment list:

Mac Mini 2013, Pure Music + FabFilter Pro-Q EQ plug-in
BC207BA DAC
BC3000 mk2 + GZPZ KQ power supply pre-amp
BC22mk2 + lots of letters monoblock power amps
Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:20 am

stew
Advanced Member

Post by stew » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks BK!

masluck
Advanced Member

Stew's system

Post by masluck » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi Stew,

Interesting placement of your Herbies Tenderfeet. I run mine in the opposite direction to great effect....hmmmm..makes a guy wonder.. :D :D

Mark

stew
Advanced Member

Post by stew » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi Mark,

Never thought about that. Tell me what you heard when you inverted them? Sounds interesting.

Thx Stew

stew
Advanced Member

Post by stew » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 pm

A screen capture of the room correction from the software EQ plug-in. Notice that each channel has its own correction applied due to the highly asymmetric room and speaker placement (thanks, WAF). The right channel is in red, the left channel is in white.

To arrive at these settings, I used REW software + a microphone at the listening position to do a full range frequency sweep of each speaker separately. Then, REW calculated the EQ settings for each speaker. These settings were input into the FabFilter EQ software. Then, I tweaked the settings based on ear and a few more frequency sweeps.... usually, the magnitude of each parametric filter was adjusted but the Q factors were unchanged. You can see that I added some boost to the right channel in the upper base and lower midrange frequencies (about +3-4db at the most), so the overall sound level was adjusted down by -3dB in FabFilter else some songs would clip a little bit. I am very happy with where I have it now, but not saying that I might not tweak more in the future :).