DJ's 2-CH Rig

This is a place where you can post pics of your systems.
DJCOUS

DJ's 2-CH Rig

Post by DJCOUS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

Finally getting around to uploading info on my 2 CH setup. I am a HUGE fan of Gilbert's work and the customer experience I have had working with BC. I only have 3 BC components so far but plan to add more as funds permit starting with a new amp and then an upgrade to the Pre-amp. Gilbert says there is lots of room in there.

My 2 CH setup consists of the BC PLS Pre-amp with built in 509 DAC and MC Phono Stage with Biggie power Supply. It has the remote volume control and I had Gilbert get the paint shop to make a white box to match my speakers and stand with light colour wood face and steel knobs. The pictures so not do it justice, it looks really cool, and built like a tank. I also have a 6 outlet BC PLC FX 2 in a pipe. I did recently add a 6X Sillycone Filter which I have plugged into the PLC's extra outlet.

My main source is a Rega P5 TT with Dynavector 20XL Cart and the Rega PSU. Secondary source is a older Mac Laptop via USB and Airport express via toslink and thanks to a handy knob Gilbert put on the front I can easily switch between the two digital sources. The third source is a Rega Apollo CD player but it does not see much playing time.

The amp I am using now until I can afford a BC amp is an Anthem MCA 20 which puts out 200wts a channel. It is hidden behind the sliding white door on the stand. Any suggestions on a suitable BC amp would be appreciated. The speaker cables and XLR interconnects are JPS SuperConductor Q.

The speakers are Usher BE 718's on Monitor Audio Stands. They are amazing and look super cool but maybe just not dynamic enough (especially at lower volumes) for my liking. I have the itch to upgrade to a floor stander like the Usher Mini Dancer 2's.

The sound is very detailed and open. I just love it.Image

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 am

VERY COOL ! 8) and welcome on board !

masluck
Advanced Member

Post by masluck » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:34 am

Hi,

I know I may get slapped for saying this, but there are some nice BC amps on US/Canuck Audio Mart (specifically great deals on a BC26NST and a pair of BC8 monoblocks). If you have the funds, either would be a phenomenal addition to your system. Good luck!! :D :D :D

Note: I have no affiliation to either owner, just want to help.

Mark

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Great looking rig!