Nikki's system

This is a place where you can post pics of your systems.
nikki
Advanced Member

Nikki's system

Post by nikki » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Here's my main system. The photos were taken a year ago so some things have been moved.

More info can be found at
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl ... 1198285668

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:37 pm

This is the secondary system in the living room. It was mostly made up of components that were retired from the main rig.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl ... 1287606637

davei
Advanced Member

Awesome systems and PIX!

Post by davei » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:30 pm

nIKKI

What are you using for a transport in you main system? I am kind of jealous you got to play with the AAD speakers before me....

Again Awesome systems!

dave

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:35 am

Dave - thanks for the compliment.

The transport is a Playback Design MPS-5. This unit has been great and is built like a tank. It uses a Teac VRDS transport which is very fast and silent.

I also use the MPS-5 as a DAC for a PC based music server. The music server that you see in my living room used to be in the main rig. I am in the process of building another server but have run into a snag and have not had time to trouble shoot. I think I will just reinstall the OS over the holidays ... I'm hoping it is not a hardware issue - can't get the system latency under 30 u-sec which is not acceptable for good sound. :( :? :evil:

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:50 pm

If you're looking for me, I'm having a cold shower. Again... Stop doing that to me Nikki!

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:27 pm

BlueKnight wrote:If you're looking for me, I'm having a cold shower. Again... Stop doing that to me Nikki!

Sorry BlueKnight :oops: :lol:

You gotta love the BC gear. I still get this feeling every time I turn the amps on. :lol:

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:36 pm

nikki wrote:
BlueKnight wrote:If you're looking for me, I'm having a cold shower. Again... Stop doing that to me Nikki!

You gotta love the BC gear. I still get this feeling every time I turn the amps on. :lol:
I find it odd that you posted your system on A'Gon and now (a year later) have decided to post on BC,especially after a visit from Gilbert.You had an opportunity to audition speakers you'll probably never own and became "lazy"(too much work to move speakers) to audition them properly.Shame on you and shame on Gilbert.

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Ha Boi Egg wrote:
nikki wrote:

I find it odd that you posted your system on A'Gon and now (a year later) have decided to post on BC,especially after a visit from Gilbert.You had an opportunity to audition speakers you'll probably never own and became "lazy"(too much work to move speakers) to audition them properly.Shame on you and shame on Gilbert.
Wow, now I understand the angle you are coming from. I posted my system to this forum in response to wstagner:
wstagner wrote:Can you provide some details regarding your listening room and the volume levels you tested and/or typically listen at?

TIA
I'm sorry if you feel that my listening session was not thorough enough for this forum, however these were my impressions after spending an informal day of listening. I don't pretend to be a professional reviewer and I certainly won't invest the time that is required to do a proper review. As far as I can tell, most user reviews on this forum and others are all informal by their very nature.

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Ici on appele çà de la broue.

d'où l'expression"pèteux de broue".......

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:44 am

nikki wrote: Sorry BlueKnight :oops: :lol:

Every time I see your amps, I'm the one that gets turned-on! Even when we were treated to the pictures of their creation, I knew that this was going to be something special. Did I say I like them? Image There might be an upgrade for me in the near future.

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:55 am

Ha Boi Egg wrote:Ici on appele çà de la broue.

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:24 am

BlueKnight wrote:
Ha Boi Egg wrote:Ici on appele çà de la broue.

...okay but just for today....

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:16 am

BlueKnight wrote:
nikki wrote: Sorry BlueKnight :oops: :lol:

Every time I see your amps, I'm the one that gets turned-on! Even when we were treated to the pictures of their creation, I knew that this was going to be something special. Did I say I like them? Image There might be an upgrade for me in the near future.
Hey, nothing wrong with a late xmas present ... so what's it going to be :P

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:21 am

nikki wrote:
Hey, nothing wrong with a late xmas present ... so what's it going to be :P
This is a bit off topic and a post highjack but the answer is in that order of priority.

I would need to get rid of the 'old' BC gear in order to make room for anything new in the listening room.

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:42 pm

And here I thought you were referring to audio toys. :lol:

I'm no biker, but I have always admired the BMW. I think if I was to buy a bike, that would be the one.

I'm definately not into watches. My Blackberry tells me the time, and it is synced to some atomic clock somewhere. :wink: