Blue is for...?

Wanna bitch about politics, the weather.......share a favourite recipe, this is the place.
BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Blue is for...?

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Blue is for Blue Circle.
Blue is for Blue Knight.
Blue is for new toy.

Last edited by BlueKnight on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:25 am

Congratulations - beautiful colour! Blue is my favorite for cars but I never realized they are as much maintenance as black - swirls and scratches. Nothing a buffer can't fix however. I gave my car a full wrap so it's not a problem any more.

Good choice with the M package.

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks Nikki.

I had my eyes on the X1 for some times but was not keen on the E84 platform RWD/AWD made from 2011-2015. I found it gangly and cramped.

The F48 FWD/AWD platform checked all the boxes with more interior and cargo room.

The M-Package was the cherry on the cake. Turning a competent performer into a true bahn burner. I eschewed some of the gadgetry options and voted with my wallet with the performance ones.

I just came back from a 2500 kms two day trip to Mt.Tremblant, north of Montreal and the car returned ( according to the computer) 6.9 liters/100km or about 36 mpg.

The Pirelli P7 RFT tires performed well in the heavy rain but are somewhat noisy because of their construction. I have mix feelings on RFT's. Not having a spare tire and the limited availability at garages can be a bit unnerving on long trips. Might go to a regular tire with spare in the future.

So far so good and happy.

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm not a fan of runflats - the ride is horrible and they cost more. You can throw a can of Slime and a compressor in the trunk for peace of mind if you don't want to haul a spare. What are the odds for a flat :)

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:19 pm

I thought about the "Spare in a can" but the slime creates a real mess around the wheel sensor and some have reported that they ended-up having to buy a new wheel because the 'crud' could not be remove.