Those Annoying Smartphone Kids

Wanna bitch about politics, the weather.......share a favourite recipe, this is the place.
Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Those Annoying Smartphone Kids

Post by Gilbert Y » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:06 pm

This is a re-post because I am stupid enough to post this in the wrong four lum. Time to go to bed.

I went to a nice steak hooooze tonight trying to enjoy a good quiet meal. A 13 years old kid with his bright lit smart phone was spending more time with his friends than eating his meal. It would be nice to a kid like him to learn the art of conversation. It may actually be useful some day. Or may be everyone will be talking via smart phone even if they are sitting at the same table. I wanted to tell the kid shut off the phone during the meal. The world will still turn at the same rate without him being on the phone.

Beside, the bright display from his phone is very annoying. On the other hand, I was an old fashion paper back novel reader. I don`t even have a kiddle or anything like that to read an e-book. I like to flip the page manually.

Ok, I am too old for this world. :cry: :x :(

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 am

I hosted a party for my daughter's hockey team - 17 teenage girls, sitting in the HT room, all texting away. I have 8 dedicated lines in the HT room, but every single one of them had chargers plugged into them. I had to get a powerbar so they could all plug in their smartphones!

Don't blame just the kids however ... adults are just as guilty.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:14 am

nikki wrote:I hosted a party for my daughter's hockey team - 17 teenage girls, sitting in the HT room, all texting away. I have 8 dedicated lines in the HT room, but every single one of them had chargers plugged into them. I had to get a powerbar so they could all plug in their smartphones!

Don't blame just the kids however ... adults are just as guilty.
You are correct. Adults are just as bad. So what was the purpose of the party? They don't need to get together anyway. I wonder were all 17 texting to each other even though they were in the same room.

Hey, were their phone charge better and performance louder and clearer with dedicated lines? :lol: :) :D

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:49 am

Gilbert Y wrote: Hey, were their phone charge better and performance louder and clearer with dedicated lines? :lol: :) :D
This generation wouldn't notice quality, even if it did make a difference :cry: