Censorship

Wanna bitch about politics, the weather.......share a favourite recipe, this is the place.
Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Censorship

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:36 pm

To All BC Forum Users,
Recently I had a post removed (along with others) because a member found it "gross".So be it.But I find it to be one sided because it was posted on Nikkis' system.I see off topic posts on this site and even links to dogs having a "crap on the lawn".I guess it comes down to a question of how much you spend dictates the treatment you receive.Yeah we would all like to show the toys we own and have everybody drool over it but it doesn't mean one is more worthy than the other because of.Sure,someone may have a better insight into certain gear but then to offer an opinion without a proper setup goes against the grain of reveiwing said equipment.
HBE
Gottago!

WilliaBe

Re: Censorship

Post by WilliaBe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:06 pm

Ha Boi Egg wrote: I guess it comes down to a question of how much you spend dictates the treatment you receive.
[/b]

I gotta disagree with you on this one. I have spent approx 1200$ with Blue Circle Audio (mostly power line conditioning) and have been treated with nothing but extreme respect from Gilbert and (Dealer) Don Leeman. Even though my purchases were "small potatoes", the service/treatment I got from both Gil and Don was excellent.

I saw your post on the "Nikki System thread" and thought it was out of line. It was nothing to do with $$$.

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:19 am

HBE, you have a good sense of humor but personal attacks are not cool. Ever.

I censored my own picture in response to your monkey butt because I felt it was out of line and off topic.

Blue Circle owners have one major thing in common and that's great gear. Regardless of price. We pay what we can afford in order of priority. If I didn't have my other hobbies, I'm sure I could have a super duper set-up.

I regale in seeing the systems of my fellow forum members. I may be envious of some but never jealous or condescending.

This Forum has something that others don't have: It's civilized. And we all act like gentlemen. The worst thing that can happen, is to agree to disagree.

Raven
Dealer

Post by Raven » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:33 am

I always enjoy reading what is posted in all the threads in this Forum. We all share the excitement of sharing our thoughts and opinions on the greatest hobby (ok, maybe beer is #1).

When everything in the world goes to heck, I can always count on music to make it all better. We need to remember now and then that this is just a hobby.

I'll be the first one to shake my fist at 'The Man', (I think I watched too much Star Trek as a kid) but this is my hobby and I must agree with Blue Knight, civilized is the foundation of good times in the Blue Circle Forum.

We now know where the line is, it's cool.

I am now going to prepare myself emotionally for another Seattle Seahawks loss.

Double D
Advanced Member

Post by Double D » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Plainly stated... I think the image was rather vile, and not required in a *private* audio forum.
Remember, this forum (unlike some other public forums sponsored by advertising) is owned and supplied by Blue Circle to foster discussion by BC (or potential) owners. That the BC forum allows as much liberty is remarkable. In some other private forums, ALL posts are screened by moderators prior to going live for potential infringement of the rules, or potentially derisive comments.
So.. if you feel that your civil liberties have been taken to task, I think not... consider yourself lucky.. in some realms, you probably would have been banned outright.

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:26 pm

I completely agree with the responses to this original post.

I've been reading this forum for several years now on a regular bases and ever since I purchased my Music Ring and had to deal with Gilbert and BC, I've always felt that I was treated like their only client. Anyone who slightly knows Gilbert knows first and foremost how respectful, honest and thoughtful he is. With all due respect, HBE, BC in my humble opinion is simply one of the most respectful and honest companies in the world and more to the point, would never show preference for one client over another solely because of the amount of money one spends.

This company aside from incredible engineering has the highest level of integrity that I know of. Think about it: the fact that this post of Censorship is even allowed to show up on their website is a testament to how open-minded and honest they really are. If they wanted to, they could have killed this post and no one would have known. I saw your post and I for one felt it crossed a line.

This is not a public, government sponsored site. This is a private forum paid for by a private company. If they ever feel that they want to delete a post for any reason whatsoever, they paid for that right and one can always choose to leave. Simple as that. I think that a lot of readers here thoroughly enjoy the intelligent, casual and above all else, respectful manner that this website allows. It does have its boundaries and if one is willing to respect a few basic guidelines, you can learn a lot about audio and have fun too.

I've learned a lot over the years from many members here. I thoroughly enjoy hearing what owners are trying and the results they obtain. I realize that most aren't professional reviewers and I like that because I know they put their money where their mouths are. Honestly, that speaks more to me than the highest selling audio magazine reviews simply because I know it's not tainted. With that being said, I know that the "reviews" here might not be perfect and I accept that. But, what review ever is?

Thank you BC for providing this website and I sincerely hope that you continue to fund this website for many years to come.

davei
Advanced Member

Post by davei » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Ice Man wrote:I completely agree with the responses to this original post.

I've been reading this forum for several years now on a regular bases and ever since I purchased my Music Ring and had to deal with Gilbert and BC, I've always felt that I was treated like their only client. Anyone who slightly knows Gilbert knows first and foremost how respectful, honest and thoughtful he is. With all due respect, HBE, BC in my humble opinion is simply one of the most respectful and honest companies in the world and more to the point, would never show preference for one client over another solely because of the amount of money one spends.

This company aside from incredible engineering has the highest level of integrity that I know of. Think about it: the fact that this post of Censorship is even allowed to show up on their website is a testament to how open-minded and honest they really are. If they wanted to, they could have killed this post and no one would have known. I saw your post and I for one felt it crossed a line.

This is not a public, government sponsored site. This is a private forum paid for by a private company. If they ever feel that they want to delete a post for any reason whatsoever, they paid for that right and one can always choose to leave. Simple as that. I think that a lot of readers here thoroughly enjoy the intelligent, casual and above all else, respectful manner that this website allows. It does have its boundaries and if one is willing to respect a few basic guidelines, you can learn a lot about audio and have fun too.

I've learned a lot over the years from many members here. I thoroughly enjoy hearing what owners are trying and the results they obtain. I realize that most aren't professional reviewers and I like that because I know they put their money where their mouths are. Honestly, that speaks more to me than the highest selling audio magazine reviews simply because I know it's not tainted. With that being said, I know that the "reviews" here might not be perfect and I accept that. But, what review ever is?

Thank you BC for providing this website and I sincerely hope that you continue to fund this website for many years to come.
I think Ice Man thoughts are enough to end this thread....
BTW Thanks, could not have said it better!!!!

dave

nikki
Advanced Member

Post by nikki » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Wow again ...

Now it is an accusation of censorship of a picture that served no purpose other then being offensive and vile. Sure, there may be other posts on these forums that are irrelevant to their thread, but I doubt any of them where aimed at anyone with negative intent.

As far as I can tell, admin has left your comments where you question Gilbert's and my motivation for the review ... what other company paid forum would allow a post like this to remain on their site? Where's the censorship that you accuse them of?

Anyways, that's it for me on this topic. Let's go back to talking about audio toys.

Ha Boi Egg
Advanced Member

Post by Ha Boi Egg » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Wow is right...talk about blue circling the wagons....(i expected no less)
offensive and vile,negative intent,could have been banned outright,jealous,envious and condescending...I gotta watch more Dr.Phil :lol: