Platinum Studio 1's

Wanna bitch about politics, the weather.......share a favourite recipe, this is the place.
koryodell

Platinum Studio 1's

Post by koryodell » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:47 pm

hey Gilbert

I was scrolling thru you fllickr site and I think I noticed a pair of Platinum Audio Studio 1's. (I also noticed a lot of picts of doogie poo :) What do you think of them (the studio's not the poo)

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: Platinum Studio 1's

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:50 am

koryodell wrote:hey Gilbert

I was scrolling thru you fllickr site and I think I noticed a pair of Platinum Audio Studio 1's. (I also noticed a lot of picts of doogie poo :) What do you think of them (the studio's not the poo)
Kory

They are Platinum Solo and Duo. As far as I know Solo is the same size and shape as Studio One and Duo is Studio Two. The only difference is their internal parts, drivers, crossover, and better cosmetic, etc.

In short, I love the Solo. They sound great in that room (16.5x 13.5x7.5') The Duo sounded goot too but only at lower volume. As soon as I start turning them oooop, the bass start to load the room quickly. I need to move them to a bigger or damper room and try them oooot.

I have also found if you get the original Platinum stand and bolt the speaker onto the stand, it helps. The stand was designed to be bolt onto the speaker. I am interested to check out Phil Jones new designs but have to find the time first. :? :shock:

koryodell

Post by koryodell » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:29 pm

interesting. I got a pair of studio 1's as a throw in item when I bought a DNA 0.5 amp. I've tried them a few times (without stands) and always go back to my B&W Matrix 803. The top end of the Studio's just seems to be lacking when compared to the B&W's. Maybe I'll make the studio 1's a set of stands and give them another try in my small listening room.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:21 am

Different rooms, different set up different gears make all the difference.