TSP

splityew

TSP

Post by splityew » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi,
Has anyone out there tried one of these?
I haven't been able to dig up any feedback anywhere.
Thanks.

Bob Neill
Dealer

Re: TSP

Post by Bob Neill » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:16 pm

I have one here. It does as you would expect, sort of what the tube in the ELD BD does. Introduces a hint of the late DAR for those who find their ss amps, especially the Class D's for example, insufficiently soulful. I don't find I need that but some do. Gilbert has been playing with tube/ss options in some of his gear for along time -- with the TSP he introduces the option as a stand-alone. Purists won't like it but a lot of others will and do.

splityew

Post by splityew » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks Bob
Appreciated. I have a Moon i7 so perhaps it's not for me. I was just curious because I love Gilbert's smaller creations which turn out to be tremendous value for money.

esoxhntr
Dealer

Post by esoxhntr » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi Splityew,

I'm going to veer from Uncle Bob's opinion a bit, which I hesitate to do, because we agree on most things - I think the TSP is definitely worth a try with your Moon. He is correct, it may not be for everybody, but the TSP has a knack of adding just a little bit of tube magic without removing the best parts of SS. When Gilbert and I demoed it last year at TAVES we found that most folks really liked it. The difference was subtle, but quite noticeable. Of course it depends a lot on how the rest of your system is built, but it is a low cost gem that can have a very positive effect.