BC1002-ML stereo power amplifier

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

BC1002-ML stereo power amplifier

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun May 06, 2018 8:27 am

Here is another new power amp this year, BC1002-ML. When I designed the BC1022 many years ago, I was going to make a little brother along with it. However, due to marketing and other factors, the little brother has never come to live. Since I am semi-retir........ing. It means I am going to do what I like, what it sounds good to me and please myself.

Do anyone notices we haven't have any product reviews for a while. No advertising for a while. Because I don't care about those marketing crap anymore. Chasing the rat chase. Now I am spending more time design and building something that really matter. Not for marketing purpose.

BC1002-ML put out 75 watts per channel in Class AB mode. Has a bigger power supply and runs cooler and sound juicier than the BC1022. I will let the owner say more about the sound after he has listened for a while.

The preamp in the picture is a BC109 convert into a NSC using the original 4 decks Shallco.

This BC1002-ML and the AG8100 I have done a few months ago are testing platforms for the new amps that have been lurking in my mind for a long time. Only now I can actually make them because of you know what the reason is. :) :lol: :o :roll: These amps will not get any show report, won't get any attention from any audio mags. They don't do Hi Fi. They only do music.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Re: BC1002-ML stereo power amplifier

Post by BlueKnight » Sun May 06, 2018 9:14 am

I like your attitude. When you're in a rat race, even if you win, you're still a rat.

Bob Neill
Dealer

Re: BC1002-ML stereo power amplifier

Post by Bob Neill » Wed May 09, 2018 4:45 pm

We should have foreseen this and it's very good news. We know that Gilbert believes in the greater control he can achieve as a designer with integrateds than with separates, but there are folks out there with good preamps (107, NSC) who will find this a true blessing. The 002i EPS is so fine a piece that coupling its amp stage with a preamp more ambitious than is likely in the 002i is exciting. I have already played this game by running my NSC into one of the inputs in my 002i EPS and gotten truly rewarding results. I suspect that what I'm hearing is something approaching the forthcoming NSI, which I'm told will be made up of an NSC and 002i EPS...and then some. The "then some" presumably being a power supply even more ambitious than the EPS that is available with the 002i. These are good times for Blue Circle fans. Gilbert is entering his richest period as a designer...so stand back.