Montréal Audio Fest

Raven
Dealer

Montréal Audio Fest

Post by Raven » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:11 pm

If you are in the area please visit the 2018 Montréal Audio fest March 22-25.

Mystic Audio will be exhibiting in Room 1226. We will have some Blue Circle gear, the world premier of the first Saturn Audio power filter, the Canadian show premier of Alta Audio speakers (I consider them the Blue Circle of speakers due to the sonics and performance) as well as other brands I represent. As Gilbert is trying to avoid audio as a full time gig he will not be attending the show.

I was thinking of bringing a cardboard cutout of Gilbert that randomly yelled "Gilbertisms" at unsuspecting attendees, but r&d and prototyping bandwidth is maxed out. Maybe next year...

Hope to see you there!

René
Mystic Audio - Please visit us at www.mysticaudio.ca

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: Montréal Audio Fest

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Yah mon! I will be sitting in front of the test bench doing R&D for more toys including my own 3D card board cutout with high fidelity sound. :wink: :lol: 8)

Raven
Dealer

Re: Montréal Audio Fest

Post by Raven » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:16 pm

Here are a few pictures of the rig in Montreal. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics :oops:

I had not planned to exhibit at the Montreal show (or any other show for that matter) as it is extremely expensive and essentially wipes out 2 weeks of your life. Buuuut.... Saturn needed exposure and I recently added a fantastic speaker brand that I call the "Blue Circle of Speakers"

VPI lent us their Avenger Reference table. I was scared to touch it :lol:

System:

Speakers: Alta Audio Io, Dynaudio Stand 6 stands with Iso Acoustic Gaia isolation feet
Stands Mystic Audio Block single stands for the amps and Massif Audio main rack (Ontario black oak)
Cables: XLO Reference 3 and Ultra Plus
Power Filtration: Saturn Audio 101CSI (Iso Acoustic Gaia IV OEM isolation model, world premier of the Saturn filter and Gaia IV!!)
Amplifiers: Blue Circle BC2K2 in monoblock configuration
Preamplifier: Hegel P20
Phonostage: BC Li'l 703
Streamer: Lumin S1
Servers: Lumin L1 and Innuos Zen Mini
DC power: Sbooster power supplies for Innuos, Lumin L1 and Netgear nighthawk router
Turntable: VPI Avenger Reference
Isolation: Iso Acoustics "Pucks" under most gear

Vincent Belanger lent us his 45 rpm test pressing of the soon to be released LP "La" and it sounded fantastic. He addressed the room and was highly complimentary of the system. He stated the system sounded realistic. Gee.. Blue Circle sounds realistic. Whoda thunk? We really appreciated his support, thank you Vincent :D

If you are unfamiliar with his work, here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYMDsvPat5E
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mystic Audio - Please visit us at www.mysticaudio.ca