BC107SE TBK

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

BC107SE TBK

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:23 am

Here is a preamp I have designed while I was sitting at The Bauer Kitchen more than a year ago.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@ ... 1305853584

It went back to its own birth place.

This preamp has two 6SN7 inside. One bias as a linear tube and the other bias as fat/warm sounding tube. Both are user adjustable along with the solid-state stage. It has 5 inputs, two balanced and two single ended plus a 70db gain phonostage built inside. Along Left right control timmer pot and headphone output. Shallco is a standard as most Blue Circle preamp........ A handy mute switch is locate under the solid-state control on the left side of the logo. Remote volume control is also built in.

This preamp has the most number of adjustment I have ever build. It was fun to design and hell to build. The result was worth every seconds of my time. I had to take it back to The Bauer Kitchen, table 107 and facing south east for the picture. Where is also my favorite spot for dinning. I do mean that exact seat.

Check out their food and you may understand why I have managed to design a complete preamp while I was there that night. Lot of other Blue Circle ideas in the past 6 years was related to this place.

http://www.thebauerkitchen.ca/

Just don't tell them I send you. They may kick you out. I am a pain in the S there because I usually sit there way toooooooooo long.
:lol: 8) :) :D :shock: :)

Bob Neill
Dealer

Gilbert and the Preamp

Post by Bob Neill » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 am

I love this. It tells us a lot why you are the unique person you are.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: Gilbert and the Preamp

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:19 am

Bob Neill wrote:I love this. It tells us a lot why you are the unique person you are.
Bob

I wasn't planning to design the preamp at that table, that very night. Ideas came and I couldn't stop it coming out from my mind. It ruined my meal that night, if I may add. :shock: :( :x

Clave
Advanced Member

Post by Clave » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:22 am

Man, that's one badass looking preamp. The color scheme is very classy. Fits right in with the decor of the restaurant. I like the simplicity of my two-wooden knob integrated, but there's something to be said for having lots of shiny knobs to play with.

Did you ever great strange looks because you were slinging silicon while eating?

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 am

Clave wrote:Man, that's one badass looking preamp. The color scheme is very classy. Fits right in with the decor of the restaurant. I like the simplicity of my two-wooden knob integrated, but there's something to be said for having lots of shiny knobs to play with.

Did you ever great strange looks because you were slinging silicon while eating?
I think bringing silicone to TBK is pushing my luck. I was only working inside my head. I didn't sling any stinky glue while I eat. Do you see instruction on silicone tube stated "external use only"? :lol: :) :D

masluck
Advanced Member

Okay...who's gonna ask...what does it look like...

Post by masluck » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Inside...

C'mon Gilbert show us the soul of the eatery born new preamp!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Mark

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 am

Love it...!

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:19 pm

The customer has received the 107SE TBK. I have asked him to say something on the forum but like many others, he prefers not to post anywhere. I have his permission to post part of his e-mail. Here is his answer after I have asked him to write something for me to post here.

"I will. Though such things aren't my forte. I'll say the obvious for now: the tube/SS flexibility makes it sound like multiple preamps in one, and the variations aren't subtle. Without question this is the best sound I've ever heard. It just drips musicality. It's crystal clear without being analytical. Leaning heavily on the tubes softens lousy recordings, almost like having tone controls.

I'm very excited about the prospect of you making an amp that's befitting of the TBK."

I guess I need to move my design bench to TBK. :wink: :roll: 8)

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: BC107SE TBK

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:20 pm

We have moved our forum to a new host and finally they have managed to get this old dog with a new life. No more concern about outdated format so here I am testing and upload picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: BC107SE TBK

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!

Now everybody can upload pictures again....... Go ahead, go crazy. :D :) :lol: :wink: :shock: :mrgreen: