In-ear monitor. US$ 300,00 - 400,00.

Jo
Advanced Member

In-ear monitor. US$ 300,00 - 400,00.

Post by Jo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi, guys,

Long time I do not pass by... Just listening to music with my BC dac/headamp :)

But now I need some help. I am looking for a consistent up grade - in the US$ 300,00 to US$ 400,00 price range - to my Hifiman RE600S V2.

The research I have been doing was not enough to allow a good view about the options. Way much cross-talk about the asian new players like Oriveti, 1more, LZ, Rose or FLC, for example, and, at the same time, also not very clear how the traditional ones compare to them.

To tell you the truth, I am really impressed with the fact that different "reviewers" describe a product sound in an entirely opposition one to another. One says product A is aggressively bright and someone else says it goes on the dark side. Not many say which system they are trying the device with. It gets hard to establish parameters.

So maybe some of you have experience with IEM and can give me an idea.

My goal is more detail in the mid and more clarity and extension in the highs, compared to RE600S V2.

I also have a Hifiman HE300, which is fun, but a bit too dark to be my reference.

On the other side, my AKG K702, although detailed with good extension on high, maybe goes too much on the cold side.

Besides, I really liked the in-ear experience, being more practical for use while keeping a very good quality of reproduction.

Thanks,

João

Raven
Dealer

Post by Raven » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am

Hi João,

Reading reviews is difficult as the reviewers never state their listening preference (some people love detail, others warmth) and don't know their hearing loss level. The only reviewer I have ever known to state these factors did so because his was nearly deaf. Yes, an audio reviewer that has lost most of his hearing. He is self aware and generally comments on the product details and is actually one of my favourite reviewers because he is very informative and a great guy.

I have heard many IEM's but only at shows so it's hard to judge in a short demonstration and all I can recommend is to try the Grado GR10. Not certain it will work for you but it's a decent product. I still believe pro audio IEM's, especially the more expensive models are the best. But, hey, I have expensive taste lol.
Mystic Audio - Please visit us at www.mysticaudio.ca

Jo
Advanced Member

Post by Jo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks, Raven!

GR10e was part of my research but I am in Brazil. Grado does not have a distributor here and I can not purchase their products from an US dealer as they are not allowed to sell/send outside USA.

About a product price, I am looking for an interesting price-performance ratio, as I can not afford really expensive products; I know the price range I'm considering gives devices which are far from the best. Just looking for something, like you said, decent.

Cheers,

João