Another happy day.........

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Another happy day.........

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:30 am

Today is October 1, 2017.

The day to mark another milestone for my semi-retirement. I want make sure everyone know semi-retirement mean I am still working but I am working less and working on things that I really enjoy.

What is such a big deal about today?

First, there is no longer advertising from Blue Circle. Therefore, you will no longer seeing any advertising on any e-mag or printed mag from us. Our dealers are still advertising Blue Circle but those ads are from them.

Second, I am trimming off further from our long list of production items. Will have it done in the next few days. Instead I will be doing all the stuff I enjoy doing. Triming off doesn't mean no new products. In fact, I am working on more new designs as I type.

Third, I am working less hours everyday. Of course, you can still find me but may take a little longer than a few hours to get a reply. Less hours mean less than 12 hours a day. 8 hours a day is most people think a normal full day of work. Not me, I used to work 14 to 16 hours but not anymore. Those days are long gone. 6 to 8 hours a day it enough for me right now.

As a result, you will hear a lot of confuse comments, bad mouthing, talking down as you will expect when someone is retiring. They see it as opportunity to take a shot at us, telling you we are out, no longer in business, etc. That is to be expected and I will likely enjoy them all no matter where it comes from. I will enjoy even more if it come from someone who didn't like me. If you look hard enough, you will always find someone who doesn't like you. If you believe everyone like you, you are simply wrong. That's a fact.

Therefore, from now on from Blue Circle point of view. I will be doing more new enjoyable designs in audio and enjoy my life at the same time.

esoxhntr
Dealer

Semi-retirement...

Post by esoxhntr » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:53 am

Well, as someone who is eligible to receive a full pension as of today, someone who has worked with you for over 15 years, and someone who has reasonable knowledge of what you have been up to design-wise over the past six months, I can only say:

1. Welcome to the semi-retirement club!
2. I love the new direction, both for you, and for Blue Circle aficionados.
3. I am super excited about what you are building these days - so much great sounding equipment!

Bob Neill
Dealer

What George Said

Post by Bob Neill » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:23 am

Amen!

k-Dub

Post by k-Dub » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:02 pm

this sound like marketing boo-sheet to me! Semi retirement... whatever. :D straight up marketing boo0sheett!!

I think you need to hire person to handle pee-pol. Its like herding cats these pee-pol... they want what they want when they want it - you be damned! sleep... nah, get back to burning finger G! more solder, more sah-der!! (just reading this probably sets in the PTSD for G$)

But have good folks, to handle the pee-pol... you might have better chance of balancing life... it's hard, I know!!. but if you hire wrong folks - you have their problems too - and that's as bad as dah pee-pol.

But I will say this, thank you G Munlay... my Boo Circle setup, allows me to help me, especially when I cannot balance work/life... as my escape from "da pee pol" ... to exhale, and regroup. to stay grounded... to connect with the music, break down that wall of energy between soul and sound that can be there between the recording and re-playing of recording. Thank you good man!! (and rip Davei who's system basically lives on in casa k-dub plus a souped up pair of big deuce 2 (BM2) speedcar; previously a 707/BC3/BC2 combo thru merlins). My boo serkal tear-a-pee

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:50 pm

k-Dub

Instead of hiring the right peed pol to deal with peed pol, I just handle less peed pol. Since I am semi-retired, I should handle 1/2 of the people I used to handle.

This semi-retirement thing has turned out to be a good marketing poly. Not the way I had intended but it turns out the way it is. May be I should go back to full time work.

:lol: :roll: :P

BlueKnight
Advanced Member

Post by BlueKnight » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:30 am

Happy belated semi-retirement...! Btw, I just realized that next month or so, It will be 20 years since my first foray into Blue Circle....Time sure flies.....

Valvefan
Advanced Member

Post by Valvefan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:21 am

Happy semi-retiremet, Gilbert!

Pete

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 pm

It's only a semi-retirement. I am still going to work on new products. As long as my brain have blood flowing in and out, I don't think I can stop building toys. As I am typing this post, I am designing a new "something".

masluck
Advanced Member

Post by masluck » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Hopefully, it's an upgrade for the BC501ob LOC!!!! :D :D :D

Mark