GBC-S power supplies for streamers......

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

GBC-S power supplies for streamers......

Post by Gilbert Y » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 am

This is a exclusive product from Mystic Audio.

A 12Vdc power supply using GBC technology designed with streamers in mind.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@ ... 606844508/

Have been working with Mystic Audio for a while and come up with a power supply for streamers. Have been looking and taking a few streamers apart. They DO sell you a streamer but most if not all forget their fine streamer need a power supply too. I mean, they do give you something better than nothing. Like we supply a 18awg cheapo power cord for a $3000 integrated amp knowing you are going to throw the 18awg cord away and upgrade to a better cord. These streamers manufactures are bascially doing the same. They give you something which will get you going, that's about it.

What is special about this GBC-S. Since I have been taking those streamers apart, I have also find out there is no buffet "pull up" cap at the input. I don't even shake my head anymore, I just went ahead and build something that will save the streamers life. Therefore, GBC-S. Notices there is a small black tube close to the DC power plug. That is the life saver "pull up" for those streamer.

Yeah, I know sound arrogant but when I saw those non power supplies in those thing, I was speechless beyond mad.

:x :?

Bluecirclerookie
Advanced Member

Re: GBC-S power supplies for streamers......

Post by Bluecirclerookie » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:35 pm

Gilbert Y wrote:This is a exclusive product from Mystic Audio.

A 12Vdc power supply using GBC technology designed with streamers in mind.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17843311@ ... 606844508/

Have been working with Mystic Audio for a while and come up with a power supply for streamers. Have been looking and taking a few streamers apart. They DO sell you a streamer but most if not all forget their fine streamer need a power supply too. I mean, they do give you something better than nothing. Like we supply a 18awg cheapo power cord for a $3000 integrated amp knowing you are going to throw the 18awg cord away and upgrade to a better cord. These streamers manufactures are bascially doing the same. They give you something which will get you going, that's about it.

What is special about this GBC-S. Since I have been taking those streamers apart, I have also find out there is no buffet "pull up" cap at the input. I don't even shake my head anymore, I just went ahead and build something that will save the streamers life. Therefore, GBC-S. Notices there is a small black tube close to the DC power plug. That is the life saver "pull up" for those streamer.

Yeah, I know sound arrogant but when I saw those non power supplies in those thing, I was speechless beyond mad.

:x :?
Question..what are the prices of those?

I just got myself a sotm sms200 streamer for my gear and now looking to replace the very cheapio power supply (the sms-200 scales up extremely well with good power supply) and i was wondering if this power supply would be a good choice? The sms200 needs a 12V power supply i understand (from sbooster site)
I also need a new power supply for my (managed) switch (TP-Link TL-SG105E 5-ports). It also has a VERY CHEAPIO power supply.

As you maybe remember i am in Amsterdam.

I trust you as all my gear is from you and it sounds great with my new Hifiman HE1000 headphone.
To help you remember: i have the custom PaG headphone amp you made for me with everything around it from cabling to filtering..all blue circle audio...

Looking forward hearing from you Gilbert.

Ps..happy new year! :D
Life without music is a life without beauty.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 pm

I can make them from USD350.00 all the way to USD3,000.00 depends on how much filtering and power it needs. i can even make one big power supply to supply all the 12V and 5V need to eliminate multi power cords. If you want one, send me an e-mail and we can discuss further details. I do need more info if you want us to make one.

Bluecirclerookie
Advanced Member

Post by Bluecirclerookie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Gilbert Y wrote:I can make them from USD350.00 all the way to USD3,000.00 depends on how much filtering and power it needs. i can even make one big power supply to supply all the 12V and 5V need to eliminate multi power cords. If you want one, send me an e-mail and we can discuss further details. I do need more info if you want us to make one.
Email sent.thanks
Life without music is a life without beauty.