Peed Al Sea Thingee FX2 with X0e Module

beyond1000
Advanced Member

Post by beyond1000 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Ok, here is my stab at a question.

I have all my equipment including my multichannel amp plugged into the PLC Thingee 6 outlet. On the Thingee I have a 12x filter plugged into it. If for example I am looking at either the 2 outlet or 4 outlet XOe modules, what plugs into what for best performance and what should I be hearing in improvement?

Thanks

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am

beyond1000 wrote:Ok, here is my stab at a question.

I have all my equipment including my multichannel amp plugged into the PLC Thingee 6 outlet. On the Thingee I have a 12x filter plugged into it. If for example I am looking at either the 2 outlet or 4 outlet XOe modules, what plugs into what for best performance and what should I be hearing in improvement?

Thanks
Plug the X0e module and the 12X Sillycone into two of the PLC Thingee. Then plug the mulit-channel amp directly into the PLC Thingee. The rest can be plug into any where. The improvement of the X0e will give you a blacker background. Longer decay of instruments, deeper sound stage. In some case, there is a more silent feel to the music. It allow more music to come out.

k-Dub

Post by k-Dub » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:05 pm

So - my question, and I am probably waaaay off on this, but could there be a XOe 6x filter? or XOe 12x filter? Or would you rather have this as part of a fx2 4 outlet or 6 outlet thingee or BC6000? Did I just open a can of worms here?

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:22 pm

k-Dub wrote:So - my question, and I am probably waaaay off on this, but could there be a XOe 6x filter? or XOe 12x filter? Or would you rather have this as part of a fx2 4 outlet or 6 outlet thingee or BC6000? Did I just open a can of worms here?
Yeah, you did open a can of worms but worms are fun. If you think of it as long as audio related, we can can probably make it" is the company slogan when we fill out one of those show web site.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 pm

bjh wrote:Had there been a discussion of the "newer nasty lower frequency noise" these modules address?

Apologies in advance if I missed (did a search but didn't find).
U sea bjh, if I didn't use the word "NEW" may be it wouldn't catch you attention. :wink: :D

Actually, I didn't even know why I use the word new but I did. It's just took me a while to figure out how to get the X1e into a smaller package and still worth the extra afford. The noise aren't new, it has been there since day two. Day one was before electricity. Low frequency noises are from big motors in the factories, furnaces, a/c units, even switching power supplies. They all generate high and low frequency noise. There are just more noise in the lower frequency spectrum these days.

I remember before Toyota came to Woodstock, Ontario, the noise were more concentrate at a higher frequency spectrum. As soon as Toyota was in full production, the noise was all over the place. The lower frequency spectrum has filled up with noise. May be that was why I call it "new nasty low frequency noise".

beyond1000
Advanced Member

Post by beyond1000 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:49 am

Thank you for the response Gilbert. One further question I'm sure people here would be interested in.

When will you post photos of the $195 and $235 two and four outlet expansion modules and when should we expect to be able to order them? I have to make arrangements to visit Don again here in the Vancouver area.
Hey Ice Man are you jumping in on this one?

:wink:

Ice Man
Advanced Member

Post by Ice Man » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:28 am

Beyond1000,

Haha. How did you know?

Several weeks ago, I sent two of my BC 68 ac cords back to Innerkip. I am having both an XOe module and a 6X sillycone put on each one. They are the ac cords which I use on my monoblocs; get plugged directly into my BC60XX filter.

IM

beyond1000
Advanced Member

Post by beyond1000 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 pm

I know because you're the king on this subject. Don recommended you to me for technical info. This stuff is a lot of fun at a relatively low price.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:08 pm

beyond1000 wrote:Thank you for the response Gilbert. One further question I'm sure people here would be interested in.

When will you post photos of the $195 and $235 two and four outlet expansion modules and when should we expect to be able to order them? I have to make arrangements to visit Don again here in the Vancouver area.
Hey Ice Man are you jumping in on this one?

:wink:
It is available for order now and we are making one sample each so we can show what they look like. In a week or so, we should have some pictures.

beyond1000
Advanced Member

Post by beyond1000 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Sorry for another question. What "x" if any do the main unit or expansion modules offer? That is...3x? 6x? filtration?

Thanks

bjh
Advanced Member

Post by bjh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks G ... but what sort of frequencies are we talking about?

For some silly reason I initially was thinking low as in below 60Hz low ... but now I'm thinking maybe not *that* low! Duh

:D

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:11 pm

beyond1000 wrote:Sorry for another question. What "x" if any do the main unit or expansion modules offer? That is...3x? 6x? filtration?

Thanks
When it comes to "X" module it is not the same as how many times the original filtration anymore. It works in a different frequency and the multiple of the original filtration doesn't make anymore sense. It's like we had one apple before and 6X filter is six apples. Now, the "X" module is apply cider. Still apple stuff but it's not the exact same thing.

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Post by Gilbert Y » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:12 pm

bjh wrote:Thanks G ... but what sort of frequencies are we talking about?

For some silly reason I initially was thinking low as in below 60Hz low ... but now I'm thinking maybe not *that* low! Duh

:D
We are talking 120hz to around 200Khz. If we kill 60Hz, we don't have any power left. :wink:

jrodude

Sillycone filters with XOe filter

Post by jrodude » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:26 pm

k-Dub wrote:So - my question, and I am probably waaaay off on this, but could there be a XOe 6x filter? or XOe 12x filter? Or would you rather have this as part of a fx2 4 outlet or 6 outlet thingee or BC6000? Did I just open a can of worms here?
I would also be interested in knowing about a 6x or 12x sillycone filter with the XOe filter. That would be a great addition. Would you consider making them? :D

Gilbert Y
Advanced Member

Re: Sillycone filters with XOe filter

Post by Gilbert Y » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:51 pm

jrodude wrote:
I would also be interested in knowing about a 6x or 12x sillycone filter with the XOe filter. That would be a great addition. Would you consider making them? :D
Yes, we can add X0e module onto 6X and 12X filter. We just have to make the pipe longer. If you are interested talking to one of our dealer, send us a e-mail at bcircle@tlp-audio.com. Please don't use the PM function on this forum because we don't usually check it.