Peed Al Sea Thingee FX2 with X0e Module

beyond1000
Advanced Member

Post by beyond1000 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:54 am

Well it took me long enough but I finally ordered my X0e plug in module with 2 outlets. I'll plug it in to the PLC Thingee which has a 12x Sillycone plugged into it and we'll see what this X0e does to my system.

Anybody tried it and saw or heard a difference that would like to chime in?
I'll plug it in, give it a bit to break in and then I will come back to give my views.

stew
Advanced Member

Post by stew » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:03 pm

beyond1000 wrote:Well it took me long enough but I finally ordered my X0e plug in module with 2 outlets. I'll plug it in to the PLC Thingee which has a 12x Sillycone plugged into it and we'll see what this X0e does to my system.

Anybody tried it and saw or heard a difference that would like to chime in?
I'll plug it in, give it a bit to break in and then I will come back to give my views.
Can't wait to hear your review! Been seriously thinking of investing in one of these too. Let us know which equipment you plugged in and on which the x0e module had the most benefit - source, DAC, preamp, amp...

Thanks Stew

beyond1000
Advanced Member

Post by beyond1000 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:36 pm

stew wrote: Can't wait to hear your review! Been seriously thinking of investing in one of these too. Let us know which equipment you plugged in and on which the x0e module had the most benefit - source, DAC, preamp, amp...

Thanks Stew
I will Stew but just so you know I am running a home theatre system and I invested 20k on it. Basically a pre/pro, multichannel power amp, blu-ray, DVR, Plasma, power cords, interconnects, and of course a Thingee, Sillycone 12x, Sillycone 18x. The subwoofer will not be affected as it is on its own outlet with its own power cord and the Sillycone 18x in the spare outlet above the power cord. I will list the equipment brands and models after I get and break in the XOe and let you guys know about sound and picture.

I know what my other Blue Circle items, listed above, did for my system overall and it was astounding. :)

velomane

Post by velomane » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:29 pm

Help out a newbie here. Looking at the powerline filters and powerline conditioners. Do these serve different functions? Where does one start when it comes to cleaning up one's power- with filtering or conditioning? I see that surge protection is also available. Can one simply use a good quality one like APC stuff instead?

beyond1000
Advanced Member

Post by beyond1000 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Hey velomane

There are more knowledgable people than I in this forum who can chime in, especially King Gilbert but for me I use to run Monster Power conditioning until I began to improve my home theatre system immensely and began exploring Blue Circle filtration. The more I read on this in the forums the more I realized that products like Monster, Panamax, APC, etc are simply McDonalds of power conditioning. I got into the Sillycone filters and I swear up and down by the transparency of sound and detail/blackness of picture.

BC Audio's top of the line 6000 series products are the very best on the market. Filtration is right up there also.

Good luck and hope others jump in on the discussion.

splityew

Post by splityew » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:30 pm

I second beyond1000's post.
I started with a regular Thingee with surge protection and then moved on to a BC6000si to which I have added a TPX120. Each move has been worth it.

The PLC Thingee is a good place to start and will give you a flavour of what Blue Circle conditioners can do. I know for some it's all they need.

beyond1000
Advanced Member

Post by beyond1000 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:52 pm

Just got my X0e 2 outlet module and plugged it in. Now I will be waiting about a week for it to break in. One question here. Does the X0e have a blue light within the housing? I have no blue light but then again it doesn't matter. I thought I it lit up blue. All I know is that like my sillycone filters and thingee, the picture on the tv is worse at first. That should mean it's working.

Let you guys know in a week what I see.

Thanks again to Don Leman for all his service and for once again inviting me to listen to 10 to 12 recordings in his Blue Circle/Harbeth system. This time the BC204 got to power Harbeth 40s. Wow! what a system. Now I know why you guys all harp about in this forum about BC Audio.

Like Mr. Christie who makes good cookies, Mr. Yeung you make good audio gear. Tastes even nicer than Mr. Christie's cookies.

:wink:

beyond1000
Advanced Member

X0e module tested

Post by beyond1000 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Ok stew and others I finally tested the X0e add-on module on my home theatre system

I am running an Onkyo 906 AVR as a pre/pro to an Outlaw 7500 power amp.
The AVR, power amp, blu ray, plasma are all on an PLC Thingee. A 15x Sillycone filter is also plugged in the Thingee and now the X0e module to the Thingee as Gilbert advised.

From the main outlet to the Thingee and from the Thingee to the multichannel amp I have two Shunyata Research Viper Ztron power cords.

Not affected by the X0e on another outlet my SVS PB13 Ultra subwoofer also benefits from an 18x Sillycone filter and a Shunyata Alpha HC Ztron power cord.

I chose to watch the movie GRAVITY since it has a fantastic immersive sound stage with huge variation in frequency range as well as an incredible picture.

What did the X0e add to the system including the filtration?
The sound was exactly as Gilbert replied to me when I asked what I should expect. The immersion was more pronounced, and there was further individuality to the different sounds. The sound was absolutely transparent and when silent it was dead quiet. All you hear is the individual sounds without any graininess. The audio experience was astounding. Just when you thing the Sillycones did wonders, the X0e finished the job.

On the video side, the black level was practically dead black and the whites were super white. This brought an heightened richness to all colors. It was like I got a better plasma. I wonder what a Samsung F8500 or a Kuro would look like with the X0e watching this movie.

The X0e technology is not a gimmick but a real fix on a power grid frequency that was never tackled. Well Mr. Gilbert you tackled it very well and it was good money spent.

I would encourage all of you to have this X0e technology on your audio systems. Weather by add on module or FX2 or 6000 conditioner, it is well worth it. My HT system is a 20k investment and it would not be the system I now enjoy so much without the Blue Circle products I bought.

:D

DJCOUS

Post by DJCOUS » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:29 am

Got a chance last night to add my new X0e into the system.

As suggested by Toby i changed the way i had my SilyCone Filter 6X and PLC FX2 daisy chained. I plugged the 6x filter into the lower unused outlet on the receptacle that powers the system. Power cord out to the FX2, the the power amp and preamp plugged into the outlets closest to the power cord. On the other side of the FX2 I plugged in the CD player and the Airport Express. I also plugged the XOe into that side and then the waltwart for the turntable and the power cord for the computer into the XOe.

No question that the background got quieter. Listening to the Cowboy Junkies Trinty Sessions on Vinyl it sounds much more like you are inside the room with the artists.

Everytime I add something from Blue Circle the system sounds better.

Next thing is upgrading my BC PLS to Galatea.
CustomBlue Circle PLS, Anthem MCA 20, PMC OB1i Signatures, Rega P5 w/ Dynavector Karat 17d3, Rega Apollo, Mac Book, BC PLC FX2, BC SillyCone 6x, BC X0e, BC USB cable, JPS Super Q speaker cables, JPS Lab Super Conductor 3 XLR & Shunyata Venom 3

illuminator

Post by illuminator » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:14 pm

Gilbert,

I've been building my pieces. Each one has made an easily discernible improvement.

Here's my progression:

1. Puck
2. PLC FX2 X0e Thingee
3. Sillycone 18X Filter
4. Puck
5. FX2 X0e Filter

It looks a bit weird, but my setup sounds better than it ever has:

- A Puck into the wall outlet
- A Puck into the Puck
- A PLC FX2 X0e Thingee into the second Puck
- A Sillycone 18X Filter into the PLC FX2 X0e Thingee
- An FX2 X0e Filter into the PLC FX2 X0e Thingee

I also have another Puck and FX2 X0e Filter on my TV, Cable, DVD and ZVox Sound Bar.

My question is: would another FX2 X0e Filter into my PLC FX2 X0e Thingee make a noticeable improvement? I know that the X1e is approximately two and half X0e's, and with the two Pucks, PLC FX2 X0e Thingee and FX2 X0e Filter, I probably have that now.

Thanks,
Chuck

jimharrison

Post by jimharrison » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:33 pm

Sorry, but here's another newb ?.

My current setup is as follows:

Puck plugged into the wall outlet;
Yellow banana plugged into one of the puck's outlets;
ADCOM ACE-515 plugged into the other outlet of my Puck;
All of my components plugged into the ADCOM ACE-515

I'm now looking at getting:

FX2 X0e CxT
RPD-15DC
OP2
TPX120

all of which would be plugged into my existing Puck, while my ADCOM ACE-515 would be plugged into the tail-end Charlie component of the above.

If you believe my projected setup is correct, which order would you put them in?

If you believe my projected setup is incorrect, what would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year All!

;-)

illuminator

Post by illuminator » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:02 pm

If it were me, I'd sell the Adcom ACE-515. It's not needed in my opinion. The FX2 X0e beat the Shunyata piece that I auditioned, and it's a lot better than the Adcom.

jimharrison

Post by jimharrison » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Thank you for the tip.

I've heard that now from a couple of people. Not to derail the thread, but how much should I ask, so that I can put the $'s towards the purchase price of another Peed Al Sea Thingee FX2 with X0e Module & CxT for my 2 other systems.

Thanks,

Jim